Hey there, I’m Lisa! And here at Individual Obligation I am all about building that website, that you thought you could only dream about having. Because those pesky technical tasks are holding you back.
- Want to build a blog or website but don’t know where to start?
- Are you afraid of breaking your website if you try to change anything by yourself?
- Want to learn more about WordPress and how it can help you build a better website?
- Would you like more control of your blog or website without having to pay a fortune for a designer or tech guru for every little change?
- Are you worried your blog isn’t quite up to standard and might be hurting your reach?
- Frequently catch yourself, daydreaming about how you wish your website could look like X or Y’s site instead?
- Maybe you just want to learn more about your website because you are curious, and want to look under the hood?
- Are you tired of technical jargon making things more difficult than they need to be?
Sound familiar? If so, then you are in the right place!
Should You Choose To Accept It 😉
Is to help bloggers and small businesses to conquer the more technical tasks for their website or blog. By showing them how it looks less complicated than it actually sounds. With clear, up to date, jargon-free information. Because I believe every blogger and small business should be able to build the website of their dreams without struggling, spending an eternity working on it, paying a fortune or giving themselves a massive headache.
You and your ideas are amazing and you deserve a just as epic website to share it with the world.
Building your own website can get quite technical and full of jargon. Technology advances rapidly in our increasingly digital lives. It’s not unheard of for some facts to be true one day and out-dated the next.
Trying to figure it all out on your own is tough. Especially if you are just starting out, you might not be able to afford to hire someone to do stuff for you. Like technical tasks or to fix your problems when things don’t quite go to plan. We’ve all had those bad days.
But as a blogger or small business
Why struggle with juggling it all? When you can get free information right here at Individual Obligation. That focuses on being as clear, jargon-free and as up to date as possible. I am all about the quality, not quantity. My articles aim to make your life easier and empower you to build your website your way. Because tech doesn’t have to be hard.
Whilst most of my content on Individual Obligation focuses on WordPress. I also cover other related topics to creating a blog or website on WordPress. WordPress is one of the best platforms to get started with if you aren’t a coder because of its amazing versatility to build your dream site. But all that flexibility can result in a lot of wasted time because there is just so much to figure out. Which is where my experience and quick shortcuts can help you the most.
Here Are Some Examples Of How Individual Obligation Can Help You
Still not convinced I can help? Then see for yourself. One of my most popular posts on Individual Obligation is about embedding Pinterest descriptions into your website using code instead of alt text. Now I know, that code can sound intimidating. But here’s the thing. You don’t have to write code, you don’t have to know the code, because I make it that easy.
I give you the code snippets, so you don’t have to write any. All you need to do is copy and paste it using my instructions. And then all you do is fill in the blanks with your Pinterest description and URLs. How easy is that?
- 160+ of the Best Tools For Bloggers: Explode & Conquer Your Blog! (Perfect For Beginners)
- Pinterest Descriptions – Why You Should NOT Be Using Alt Text
- 53 Mistakes You Need To Avoid When You Start A WordPress Blog
- WordPress Gutenberg Editor – What Do You Need To
- Quick & Easy Guide – What Are WordPress Plugins?
How I Got To Where I Am Today
It’s hard to believe that not so long ago I was still in the UK. Working the usual 9-5 hours, 5 days a week job. I was repeating the same routine week in and week out. Even though I had known for a long time I wanted to do something more with my life. But I felt stuck, with zero direction and no real room to grow.
But, then in 2015
Our relationship was long distance, but the end goal was always something much closer. We had to start thinking about how we
But what I did know was my job wasn’t flexible enough to fit into our goals. And after 9 years of it straight after University, I knew I wanted something more.
Which was when I stumbled upon blogging and I immediately had one of those moments. You know the kind, with a light bulb over your head and a little ping! I had a lot of technical knowledge, that I knew would be valuable to others. And that I would enjoy sharing it. Plus I had lots of experience
Since then, I’ve quit my job. Hauled myself and my cat Spyro to Poland. And currently blog full-time on Individual Obligation. Sounds crazy, I know!
I won’t lie. The idea from day one was always to monetize Individual Obligation. But I also wanted to provide valuable information and not be
I’m not an expert nor do I pretend to be. The extent of my qualifications is a degree in Psychology. (Yep, that’s right!) Everything else I’ve taught myself. And I want to share this knowledge with you. So you can skip the trial and error to get straight to the good stuff.
A Few Fun Facts You Might Not Know About Me
- I suck at languages but I am currently living in Poland and trying to learn one of the most difficult languages ever.
- I’m socially awkward, shy, extremely introverted and have a crazy amount of patience.
- I’ve always been a gamer at heart. Spyro is even named after a certain purple dragon.
- I love animals and imaginary dragons. I hate spiders, mosquitoes, flies and wasps. Give me a beetle any day.
- I’m actually a decent digital artist but I can never find time to do it anymore.
- Despite sounding British to people overseas. I’ve frequently been asked by my British peers if I have a Canadian or American accent. Which I can only imagine comes from watching too much American TV, because I’ve never actually been to the USA!
Or if you’d prefer, join my exclusive email list using the form below. Where I let you know first when I publish new content on Individual Obligation and share occasional tips and free resources. No spam, I promise!