This post contains affiliate links. Which means I will make a commission at no extra cost to you should you click through and make a purchase. Read the full disclosure here.
WordPress is one of the best platforms out there to start a blog with in 2021.
But one of the biggest problems WordPress has is that it can be overwhelming.
After all, there is a lot that goes into a WordPress blog. Like:
- Posts & Pages
- Social Media
- And more
This means that as a beginner blogger. It is perfectly normal to have tons of questions about WordPress and how it works.
Which is why I have put together this list of frequently asked questions about WordPress. Plus valuable answers for using it on your blog.
Let’s jump right in!
- Starting A Blog With WordPress Frequently Asked Questions
- 1. What Is WordPress?
- 2. What’s The Difference Between WordPress.com vs WordPress.org?
- 3. Can I Use WordPress Without Using Any Blog Features?
- 4. How Much Does It Cost To Start A WordPress Blog From Scratch?
- 5. Does It Take Long To Build A WordPress Website?
- 6. Is WordPress Hard To Learn?
- 7. Do I Need To Know Code To Use WordPress?
- 8. What Types Of Sites Can WordPress Create?
- 9. How Do I Start A WordPress Blog?
- 10. What Is A Domain Name And Do I Need One For WordPress?
- WordPress Basics
- 11. What Is The WordPress Dashboard?
- 12. How Do I Find My WordPress Dashboard Login?
- 13. What Are WordPress Plugins?
- 14. How Can I Find WordPress Plugins For My Blog?
- 15. How Do I Install Plugins In WordPress?
- 16. What WordPress Plugins Should I Install First?
- 17. Why Are WordPress Plugins Missing From My Dashboard?
- 18. What Are WordPress Widgets?
- 19. How Do I Use Categories And Tags In WordPress?
- WordPress Customization
- 20. What Is A WordPress Theme?
- 21. How Are WordPress Child Themes Different?
- 22. How Can I Select The Best WordPress Theme For My Blog?
- 23. How Do I Install A WordPress Theme?
- 24. How Can I Customize My Blog’s Theme?
- 25. Where Can I Find Free Images For My Blog?
- 26. How Can I Upload Images To WordPress?
- 27. How Do I Change The Navigation Menu In WordPress?
- 28. Can I Create An Online Store Using WordPress?
- 29. How Do I Collect Emails Using WordPress?
- 30. How Can I Get People To Subscribe To My Email List?
- 31. How Do I Add A Contact Form In WordPress?
- WordPress Posts & Pages Frequently Asked Questions
- 32. How Do I Create A New Post In WordPress?
- 33. How Can I Create Pages Using WordPress?
- 34. What’s The Difference Between WordPress Posts And Pages?
- 35. What Basic Pages Should All Blogs Have?
- 36. How Can I Write My First Blog Post Using WordPress Gutenberg?
- 37. How Can I Add Links In WordPress?
- 38. Is It Possible To Embed Videos In WordPress?
- 39. How Can I Create An Image Gallery Or Slider Images?
- 40. Can I Wrap My Text Around Images?
- WordPress Security
- 41. How Secure Is WordPress?
- 42. How Do I Stop Spam Comments?
- 43. How Can I Secure My Blog From Malware And Hackers?
- 44. How Can I Add WordPress Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) To My Blog?
- 45. How Can I Switch From HTTP To HTTPS?
- 46. How Can I Backup And Restore My Blog If Something Goes Wrong?
- 47. How Do I Keep My Blog Updated?
- WordPress Optimization Frequently Asked Questions
- 48. How Can I Track My WordPress Blog Results?
- 49. What Methods Can I Use To Install Google Analytics?
- 50. I Have A Slow WordPress blog – How Can I Speed It Up?
- 51. Does WordPress Need Any Maintenance?
- 52. Can I Make Money Using A WordPress Blog In 2021?
- WordPress SEO
- 53. What Is SEO?
- 54. Is WordPress SEO Friendly?
- 55. How Can I Improve My WordPress SEO?
- 56. What Plugins Can Optimize WordPress SEO?
- Troubleshooting WordPress Problems
- 57. I Cannot Get Into The WordPress Dashboard – What Can I Do?
- 58. Where Can I Get WordPress Support Or Help?
- 59. I Started A Blog On WordPress.com And Want To Switch – Can I Do That?
- WordPress FAQ Recap
Starting A Blog With WordPress Frequently Asked Questions
These frequently asked questions about WordPress will focus on the first steps you’ll take when starting a new blog.
1. What Is WordPress?
WordPress is a content management system. This means it is designed to handle and organize lots of different pieces of content. For the most part, this means blog posts.
38% of websites are using WordPress in 2021. As their go-to platform. Including top brands like:
- Sony Music
- And many more.
There are two ways to create a WordPress blog. One involves using WordPress.com the other uses WordPress.org.
📌 In a rush? Pin this post to your Blogging or WordPress board to read it later! 📌
2. What’s The Difference Between WordPress.com vs WordPress.org?
It can be easy to get confused between WordPress.com and WordPress.org. They both seem very similar. Especially considering how they are named.
But, there are a few key differences. That can make a huge difference to your experience with these platforms.
- Starts off as free
- Is completely hosted by WordPress.com for you
- Extremely limited customization and monetization
- Does not include valuable access to WordPress plugins
- Is branded with WordPress.com’s logo and name in your URL
- WordPress reserves the right to delete your blog
- Requires web hosting and a domain to start with
- Has full access to thousands of WordPress plugins.
- Zero options are limited
- Full customization settings
- No limitations on how you monetize
- Your content is 100% yours
In short, if you want to blog as a hobby then WordPress.com is a good place to start.
But, if your goal is to blog as a business and earn money online. Then starting off with WordPress.org blog is the way to go.
3. Can I Use WordPress Without Using Any Blog Features?
If you use WordPress for your website but don’t want to blog on it. Then this is 100% okay to do. You do not have to use any of the blogging features.
4. How Much Does It Cost To Start A WordPress Blog From Scratch?
If you only want a hobby blog then you can start a WordPress blog for free.
However, for a business blog that aims to make money. Then the answer is a little different.
With the cheapest hosting, you can start at as little as $3.95 per month. If you pay for 36 months of your web hosting in advance using Bluehost.
Domains usually cost around $16 per year on top of this.
This is the bare minimum to start a blog with.
So, if you got the biggest discount from Bluehost $3.95 for 36 months. Plus their free domain for the first year. It would cost you around $143.
This would last for 3 years with you only having to pay $16 to renew your domain name. For the 2nd and 3rd years.
This is just the basic cost of starting a blog. You might find you need to invest more money. So you can get access to resources like:
- Blogging education
- A premium WordPress theme
- Premium WordPress plugins
- Or other paid services like the Tailwind app for Pinterest
As these can all be beneficial and help make your life easier as a blogger.
After all, doing everything for free isn’t usually the most time-efficient!
For full details on starting a blog with either Bluehost or SiteGround check out this in-depth guide.
5. Does It Take Long To Build A WordPress Website?
How long it can take to create and build your WordPress blog can vary greatly.
However, if you already have an idea for your blog and name already decided. You can usually sign up for and create the basics of your blog in under 1 hour.
If you invest in a premium theme then you can save many hours on customizing your blog to look appealing.
But once you have the basics done. You’ll need to spend time creating content and the essential pages every blog needs. Like the about me and legal pages.
Your basic pages should take a few hours each.
Blog posts can take anywhere from a couple of hours to 10 hours+. Depending on the length of the post and topic.
For example, I estimate it takes me just under 10 hours to create a new blog post completely from scratch. This includes:
- Writing 3,000+ words on average
- Creating images
- Social media posts
- + Search engine optimization
So, expect to spend time like this on writing new blog posts at least weekly. Sometimes more depending on how quickly you want to build up the amount of content on your blog.
Most will suggest having at least 5-10 posts before even launching your blog. So keep this in mind.
As a reasonable estimate to do everything correctly. It might take 2 weeks at least of full-time hard work.
6. Is WordPress Hard To Learn?
WordPress might seem hard to learn but it is actually one of the easiest platforms to learn.
If you want to create a blog or website WordPress is definitely the best and easiest to start with. Mostly due to the number of plugins and themes out there that you can use to build your blog.
There’s a lot that goes into a WordPress blog. So it can seem daunting at times. But don’t let that stop you!
7. Do I Need To Know Code To Use WordPress?
One of the main reasons that WordPress is easy to learn. Is because you can create websites and blogs from scratch without knowing a single bit of code.
This is because you can use plugins to add features to your blog without coding.
And you can use themes to completely design your blog for you. Without the need to even think about HTML or CSS.
You can just install a WordPress theme and click on some buttons to select colors. Or other settings included with it.
So, no, you don’t need to know any code!
8. What Types Of Sites Can WordPress Create?
WordPress can create many different kinds of websites. From:
Both WordPress plugins and themes give you massive amounts of building blocks. So you can build your website how you want it.
9. How Do I Start A WordPress Blog?
It will also show you step by step how to go through each web hosting platform from start to finish. So you have a WordPress dashboard ready to login to.
10. What Is A Domain Name And Do I Need One For WordPress?
A domain name is the website URL your blog will be set up as.
For example, this blog’s domain is set as individualobligation.com
This is something you have to buy on top of any web hosting plan you decide to get.
It will usually cost around $16 per year. Depending on whether you opt for something ending with .com, .org. Or one of the many other options available.
Got your blog started but have some questions on the basics? Then these frequently asked questions about WordPress will be the best place to start.
11. What Is The WordPress Dashboard?
Some of the most frequently asked questions about WordPress when first starting a blog. Usually revolve around the WordPress dashboard.
The WordPress dashboard is the main area that you will spend most of your time when working on your blog.
You can use the WordPress dashboard admin screens to do tasks like:
Knowing your WordPress dashboard in depth is a critical step to mastering WordPress. So make sure you learn everything you need to know about here.
12. How Do I Find My WordPress Dashboard Login?
Not sure where to log in to your WordPress dashboard? You should have received some information on where to find this. Usually within the welcome email from your web hosting.
Or if you used Bluehost to create your WordPress blog. They usually direct you straight to it after creating your account.
If you cannot find this information. Then by default, your WordPress dashboard login will be at:
Once you’ve found it. Make a bookmark in your browser so you can quickly find it again.
13. What Are WordPress Plugins?
If you are not sure what a WordPress plugin is. Then the simplest way to describe them. Would be as building blocks you can add to your blog. With just a few clicks.
WordPress plugins can be used for a variety of things. Some common examples are:
- Social media sharing buttons
- Contact forms
- Security plugins
- Plugins to make WordPress run faster
- And tons more.
14. How Can I Find WordPress Plugins For My Blog?
By building your blog using WordPress on your own web hosting. You can use any of the 55,000+ plugins stored on WordPress.org.
From here you can search for plugins depending on your needs.
You can also find the same search within the WordPress dashboard if you go to the Plugins > Add New menu.
15. How Do I Install Plugins In WordPress?
In order to add and install plugins to your blog. You will need to login to your WordPress dashboard. From here go to Plugins > Add New.
On this screen, you can search for the plugin you want to add.
Once you’ve found the one you want to add. Click on Install Now and then Activate it when complete.
After a few minutes, the plugin will have been installed and ready to use on your blog.
16. What WordPress Plugins Should I Install First?
What WordPress plugins you should install on your new blog. Is another one of the most popular frequently asked questions about WordPress.
Because of how many WordPress plugins there are. It can be incredibly daunting to know which ones to install first.
You might be tempted to install anything at first. But this can be one of many mistakes bloggers make with plugins. Since too many plugins can slow down your blog. Something you want to avoid.
So, instead, try following this list of the top 5 WordPress plugins. That are the bare minimum essentials I would add to any blog.
You can always come back later to add more plugins once you have a better idea of what you need.
17. Why Are WordPress Plugins Missing From My Dashboard?
Firstly, check whether you are using WordPress.com or a self-hosted WordPress blog.
As using a free WordPress.com account won’t give you access to plugins. As it doesn’t give you much access to any of WordPress’ features.
If you are sure you are on a self hosted WordPress blog. Then make sure WordPress is installed correctly. Or ask your web hosting for support.
18. What Are WordPress Widgets?
WordPress widgets are small blocks that have their own individual features. They are similar to WordPress Gutenberg blocks. But instead, they can only be added to specific sections of your blog that are set as widget areas.
These widget areas are defined by your WordPress theme. But often you will find that your theme contains widget areas in the sidebar, header, and footer. As well as other areas.
Whilst your widgets will vary based on plugins and themes. WordPress comes with some default widgets as well. Some of their features include:
19. How Do I Use Categories And Tags In WordPress?
WordPress categories and tags are used to help group and organize your content.
But in general, you should use categories as broad topics for your content. Whilst tags should be used for more specific features. That users might be likely searching for.
For example, broad categories could be ‘Dinners’, ‘Snacks’ and ‘Desserts’ for a food blog.
Whereas tags could be more specific details. Like the key ingredients, such as chicken, beef, and pork. Or the method of cooking for example. Like grill, boil, and slow cooker.
There is no 100% right or wrong way to use tags.
But the structure should make sense to your audience. As they will mostly be the ones using it to browse your content.
Want to customize your blog but not sure where to start? Check out these frequently asked questions about WordPress that are related to customizing things like the look of your blog.
20. What Is A WordPress Theme?
The top frequently asked questions about WordPress customization almost always involve WordPress themes.
A WordPress theme in general, is the design and layout of your blog.
It will set up your defaults for:
- Navigation menus
- Widget areas
- And how things are optimized for mobile devices (if at all)
Many WordPress themes will also come with tools and settings. That will let you further customize the look of your blog. So you can use your own logos and colors for example.
This can help you use your branding to make the theme more unique to you.
21. How Are WordPress Child Themes Different?
WordPress child themes are often a copy of a theme you want to make changes to.
Sometimes you will want to make changes to a theme beyond the default settings provided. This might involve editing some of the CSS or HTML to change the layout or style.
However, from time to time. Theme developers update their theme and make this available to you. If you update your theme after making changes to the code. Then these changes could be lost when updating.
This is where a child theme comes in. As it will allow you to make changes to the theme separately. Whilst the original theme is left untouched in case of updates.
22. How Can I Select The Best WordPress Theme For My Blog?
There are many different factors to consider. So you can select the best WordPress theme for your blog. As we all have different requirements and expectations.
As a general rule of thumb. You should consider the following:
- Is the theme affordable for your budget?
- Will you be able to make the theme unique enough? Premium themes are often more unique.
- Does the theme come with enough customization options?
- How lightweight is the theme? Is it fast?
- Is the theme Search Engine Optimization ready?
- Will the theme scale well on mobile devices?
- How much time do you want to spend customizing? Free themes take longer to set up.
You can read more in-depth on the tips and tricks to selecting a perfect theme for your blog here.
23. How Do I Install A WordPress Theme?
Once you have a theme selected for your blog. The next step is how to install your WordPress theme.
To install your WordPress theme you’ll need to go to your WordPress dashboard.
Then from there go to Appearance > Themes.
From the top of the screen, you can either click on WordPress.org Themes to select one from their database.
Or you can click on Upload if you have the theme’s zip file saved to your computer.
24. How Can I Customize My Blog’s Theme?
With a theme installed and selected you can find the settings to customize your blog. By going to the Appearance > Customise menu in the WordPress dashboard.
This will open a live preview of your blog. If the theme supports it. Plus many different options in the left sidebar menu. What options you have will depend on your theme.
But you can often change the key settings for:
- Navigation menus
- Additional CSS
- And more
If you want to customize your theme beyond this. Then you should create a child theme first.
Once done you can then go to Appearance > Theme Editor. To make coding changes to your theme.
25. Where Can I Find Free Images For My Blog?
There are tons of places to find free images for your WordPress blog. Some of the best places to start are:
You can find a list of 115 more free stock photography sites using this list. Just ensure you spend some time understanding the licenses detailed on each site.
26. How Can I Upload Images To WordPress?
If you have some images you want to use in WordPress. Then you first need to upload them to give WordPress easy access.
To upload images to WordPress you’ll need to login to your dashboard. From there go to Media > Library.
You can then drag and drop any images you want to upload on to this screen. You may also notice you can see all the images you’ve uploaded so far too.
Whilst you can link to external images. It is always best to upload them to your server as you have more control over them.
This will help prevent your images slowing down your blog, save you time and server space.
27. How Do I Change The Navigation Menu In WordPress?
Changing your WordPress navigation menu is super simple. You can access the settings for this through Appearance > Customize > Menus.
You can then edit an existing menu or create a new menu to use instead.
Once you’ve selected a menu to edit. You can click Add Items to get a list of options you can add to your menu. Including:
- Custom links
- And tags
28. Can I Create An Online Store Using WordPress?
Yes. You can create an online store using WordPress. Most bloggers decide to use either:
Each of these have different benefits and limitations.
29. How Do I Collect Emails Using WordPress?
To collect emails from your WordPress blog. You will need to first set up an account with an email marketing service provider. Popular options are:
You will also need a domain name and web hosting that includes a business email.
Once you have these. You can then usually follow tutorials from MailerLite or ConvertKit. That will help you to create opt-in forms.
These opt-in forms are then what you can add to your blog to show to your audience. Or you can consider using a plugin to connect to your email marketing tool instead. Like:
30. How Can I Get People To Subscribe To My Email List?
Getting people to subscribe to your email list on WordPress can be tricky.
But this is because gaining email subscribers requires thought, planning, and hard work.
Once the basics are set up you then need to create opt-in forms using the included tools.
Add these to your blog in key places people are likely to see them. Think:
- Post body
- End of posts
- Above the post body
- Pop-up forms
Even with this all done you might not get as many subscribers as you would like.
This may be down to traffic, your opt-in forms not being clickable enough. Or simply the opt-in offer isn’t enticing enough.
31. How Do I Add A Contact Form In WordPress?
The method to add a contact form is different to adding opt-ins to get people to subscribe to your email list.
The easiest way to add a contact form is by using a plugin. This will then give you an option to add a contact form to your blog post, page or widget area.
One of the simplest ways to get started is using the Jetpack plugin. As many new blogs come with this installed. Get step by step instructions here.
WordPress Posts & Pages Frequently Asked Questions
Posts or pages? These frequently asked questions about WordPress posts and pages will have you using the right tool for the job fast.
32. How Do I Create A New Post In WordPress?
To add a new post in WordPress go to the WordPress dashboard and then to Posts > Add New.
You can then enter in your blog post content and adjust the document settings. Before you publish the blog post so it is published to the blog.
33. How Can I Create Pages Using WordPress?
Similar to adding a new post in WordPress. You’ll need to be logged into your WordPress dashboard. Then from there you can go to Pages > Add New to create a new page for your blog.
34. What’s The Difference Between WordPress Posts And Pages?
The main differences between WordPress posts and pages are:-
- Have categories and tags assigned
- Date of publishing is used to order posts
- Are for less static content
- Will appear in archives
- Examples would be ‘Top 5 Places to Visit’, ‘How to start a blog’ etc.
- For static content
- Do not have tags or categories
- No date is used for ordering
- Do not sure in archives
- Examples would be contact and about pages.
35. What Basic Pages Should All Blogs Have?
A blog’s basic pages should include:
- Copyright Disclosures
36. How Can I Write My First Blog Post Using WordPress Gutenberg?
With the release of the new WordPress Gutenberg Editor. Also comes a whole slew of new frequently asked questions about using WordPress to write content.
The WordPress Gutenberg editor is vastly different compared to the Classic Editor.
Because of this both new bloggers and those more experienced with the Classic Editor. Will find this step by step guide makes learning the new editor easy.
As it covers all the basics like:
- Adding text
- Creating images
- Tips, tricks, and more
37. How Can I Add Links In WordPress?
There are many different ways to add links in WordPress. Including:
- Internal links
- External links
- Embedded links
- Anchor links
- Linked images
To learn how to add each of these different types of links follow this guide for full details.
As well as more advanced tips on different attributes you need to understand for your links. Like nofollow, dofollow, and more.
38. Is It Possible To Embed Videos In WordPress?
You can quickly add videos into WordPress by using embedded links.
To do this in the WordPress Gutenberg Editor you’ll need to add an embed block for a video service like YouTube.
Once you add the block. Paste in the video URL and publish the post. The linked video will display as a native YouTube video within your blog post or page.
Meaning your audience can click and play the video without ever leaving your blog post.
39. How Can I Create An Image Gallery Or Slider Images?
Other popular frequently asked questions about WordPress can be related to creating image galleries.
If you want to create image galleries or slider images for your blog. Then the quickest way is usually to use those included with the Jetpack plugin. You can read full instructions here.
Other options will involve installing WordPress plugins like:
40. Can I Wrap My Text Around Images?
Yes. It is possible to wrap text around your images in WordPress. The exact method will vary depending on the editor you are using though.
For the Classic Editor text will usually automatically wrap. When you use the left align or right align options on the image.
However, whilst wrapping text around your images might look professional on desktop screens. It can quickly become a headache when it comes to mobile devices.
As such, I always recommend centering your images instead. So you won’t have to worry about text looking like this to a mobile user browsing your website:
Keeping your blog secure is a high priority for any blogger. If you have any related questions to this topic. Then these frequently asked questions about WordPress security will help.
41. How Secure Is WordPress?
WordPress, in general, is an extremely secure platform. Yet, like any other platform out there. It still has its limitations.
The biggest limitation is that WordPress is super popular. And with most things, if it’s popular then it’s a likely target for hackers.
The second most important thing to keep in mind. Is that WordPress is only as secure as how well you keep it updated.
As the majority of websites using WordPress that was hacked. Were also using an outdated version of WordPress. So make sure to stay updated.
The last thing to keep in mind is that plugins can have a big impact on security. So look for high-quality plugins that are regularly updated.
42. How Do I Stop Spam Comments?
To quickly and easily deal with spam comments. The best step to take is to install an antispam plugin on your blog. Popular options you should try include:
These plugins learn how to spot patterns in spam comments. So they can attempt to block them before they are published.
You can also look into more detailed comment settings within WordPress. That can also help you deal with spam.
43. How Can I Secure My Blog From Malware And Hackers?
Here’s another source of frequently asked questions about WordPress. How can you keep your blog secure from malware?
Your most critical steps to secure your blog from malware and hackers should be:
- Keep WordPress updated
- Fix basic security mistakes
- Improve overall security with these quick, easy and free tips
- Do regular WordPress maintenance tasks
- Use security plugins like WordFence
- Create strong passwords
- Switch your blog from HTTP to HTTPS
- Be selective with your plugins
- Avoid nulled themes and plugins
- Add two-factor authentication to your WordPress login
44. How Can I Add WordPress Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) To My Blog?
In order to add WordPress two-factor authentication to your blog. You will need to install a plugin like the Google Authenticator plugin.
Whenever you log into your WordPress dashboard. You’ll be prompted for the extra code along with your normal username and password.
45. How Can I Switch From HTTP To HTTPS?
If your blog is using HTTP. Then browsers will likely flag your website as being insecure to your visitors. Due to changes made by Google in 2018.
This is because websites using HTTPS are more secure and the aim of Google making this change. Is to make users more aware of the security risks. But also encourage website owners to make the switch too.
To switch your WordPress blog you will need to have an SSL certificate. These are usually included for free with your web hosting.
Once you have this you can follow these instructions get it installed and your blog quite easily.
46. How Can I Backup And Restore My Blog If Something Goes Wrong?
This is one of the most critical WordPress frequently asked questions you need to understand from day 1.
It is critical that you set up a WordPress backup of your blog as soon as possible. As it can save you if you ever have any problems with your blog.
To backup and restore your blog the best plugin for this is to use UpdraftPlus. As it is free and allows for daily backups to cloud storage like Dropbox and Google Drive.
You can read the full guide here on how to set up UpdraftPlus and restore your blog from backups.
However, if you would prefer to look at different backup options. You can find a list of the top 11 here.
47. How Do I Keep My Blog Updated?
To keep WordPress updated. You will want to understand the 6 simple steps to updating WordPress manually.
Once you are familiar with the process. You can consider switching some WordPress updates to be automatic. By using this guide.
As it can save you time with your maintenance tasks. But also get urgent patches for exploits installed instantly. Even while you are sleeping.
WordPress Optimization Frequently Asked Questions
Get frequently asked questions about WordPress optimization answered here. With questions on maintenance, tracking results, WordPress speed and more.
48. How Can I Track My WordPress Blog Results?
There are several ways to track information from your WordPress blog. The most common and popular is to install Google analytics.
As this will track:
- Where traffic is coming from
- Which posts are the most popular
- Bounce rate (Percentage of visitors who leave after only viewing one page.)
- And many more metrics if you want to delve deep.
There are also plenty of plugins out there that will help you to track the results of your blog. For example the Jetpack plugin can also track traffic, popular posts and search terms on your blog.
49. What Methods Can I Use To Install Google Analytics?
There are many different methods to add Google Analytics to your WordPress blog. All depending on your needs.
I recommend checking and picking your favorite method from this list of the best 9 options.
50. I Have A Slow WordPress blog – How Can I Speed It Up?
How to speed up WordPress is another one of these frequently asked questions that can make or break your blog.
To speed up a slow WordPress blog. Start with focusing on the biggest mistakes that slow down WordPress first.
All in all, you’ll want to tackle things like:
- Optimizing images
- Using a caching plugin like WP Rocket
- Being selective with plugins
- Using a lightweight theme
- Keeping WordPress updated
- Using a CDN
- And more
51. Does WordPress Need Any Maintenance?
Yes. WordPress needs regular maintenance to keep it running in top shape. This is true with all website platforms.
Your WordPress maintenance tasks will usually involve:
- Moderating comments
- Daily WordPress backups
- Updating WordPress, plugins, and themes
- Cleaning up old files
- Checking and fixing broken links
- Plus more.
52. Can I Make Money Using A WordPress Blog In 2021?
Yes. It is possible to make money with a WordPress blog in 2021.
WordPress blogs can make money through:
- Affiliate marketing
- Email marketing
- Sponsored posts
- Selling digital and physical products
- Membership sites
To stand the best chance of making money with your blog. You’ll want to carefully pick a niche and make sure you start your blog the right way.
As well as ensure you invest in your blogging education.
Find top frequently asked questions about WordPress SEO here. From what SEO means to the best tools and plugins.
53. What Is SEO?
SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization.
SEO is important for any website or blog. Because it helps Google to understand. And accurately rank your content in search results.
When done right it can be a great source of blog traffic.
By following the best white hat SEO practices. You can avoid getting your blog penalized by Google. Which can hurt your traffic and monetization strategies.
54. Is WordPress SEO Friendly?
Yes. WordPress is SEO friendly as it has had many years for developers to optimize it.
WordPress is widely used and supported. With tons of features straight out of the box to help get the most out of your SEO strategy.
And that’s before you even consider taking things further. Such as using the Genesis Framework for even more SEO features.
Or adding some top WordPress SEO plugins to help you tweak things even more. Like:
55. How Can I Improve My WordPress SEO?
To improve your WordPress SEO. You need to make sure you are following the best strategies. Like from gurus:
Some of my favorite beginner resources for SEO are from Debbie Gartner.
You can also follow the suggestions from SEO plugins.
56. What Plugins Can Optimize WordPress SEO?
There are many different plugins out there. That aim to improve and optimize your SEO.
Here are some of my favorites:
Troubleshooting WordPress Problems
Sometimes things can go wrong. Here’s some frequently asked questions about WordPress that will help you when you need to troubleshoot problems.
57. I Cannot Get Into The WordPress Dashboard – What Can I Do?
If you find that you have the dreaded issue of not being able to login to your WordPress dashboard. Then don’t panic as usually there will be a way around it.
If you forgot your password use the ‘Lost your password?’ button to reset it. This is at the bottom of the login screen for your WordPress dashboard.
You can also try:
- Using your WordPress FTP to undo a recent change that caused the error
- Follow one of these solutions step by step.
- Or as a last resort contact your web hosting support to help you.
58. Where Can I Get WordPress Support Or Help?
You can get WordPress support from a variety of locations. Such as:
- Right here on the blog – use the search to look for answers and guides. Or you can even ask for help in the comments.
- Official WordPress support forums.
- Ask for help within the specific plugin forums you need advice with.
- Try Googling your question because WordPress is so popular. Chances are someone’s already asked the question and got an answer.
59. I Started A Blog On WordPress.com And Want To Switch – Can I Do That?
Yes. You can switch your WordPress.com blog to a self-hosted WordPress account.
WordPress FAQ Recap
That’s a lot of frequently asked questions about WordPress and using it as a blogging platform. I hope you found the answer you were looking for!
If not and you have any questions not covered here. Then leave a comment below and I’ll be sure to answer it for you as best as possible.
Overall, there is a lot that goes into a WordPress blog and one of the biggest problems WordPress has. Is that it can be overwhelming because of all the different resources you can pick and choose from.
The best way to deal with this is to ask questions and get advice. Something that I hope this blog post can help simplify. By tackling the most common questions bloggers have about WordPress.
Remember – add your questions in the comments below for more answers if you are stuck!
? Enjoyed this post? Then pin this post to your best Blogging or WordPress tips board! ?